Class of 2015 Inductees Announced
The Board of Directors of the Chautauqua Sports Hall of Fame is proud to announce the inductees who will comprise the Class of 2015. They are Jehuu Caulcrick, Chuck Crist, Bill Davenport, Jack Keeney, Scrubby Olson, Ramsey Riddell, Dan Stimson and Mel Swanson.
In addition, two other individuals will also be honored. Vincent Powers will be inducted from a newly created historical category and Jim Roselle will be enshrined as just the second honorary inductee in CSHoF history.
These ten individuals will be formally inducted at the CSHoF's 34th Annual Banquet, Monday, February 16, 2015, at the Lakewood Rod and Gun Club. The new honorees will bring the total number of CSHoF inductees to 163.
Tickets for the induction dinner are priced at $50. 2015 banquet reservations can be made by calling chairman Chip Johnson at 716-485-6991.
Shane Conlan Exhibit
Shane Conlan, the former All-American linebacker at Penn State, will be inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame on December 9th. To commemorate the milestone event, the Chautauqua Sports Hall of Fame will honor our 1992 inductee with a display of Conlan’s memorabilia at our hall beginning in December.
The exhibit has been created from personal artifacts Shane and his parents, Dan and Kay Conlan, have loaned the CSHoF. Among the items to be shown are the following:
- Conlan football jerseys from Frewsburg Central, Penn State, Buffalo Bills and Los Angeles Rams
- Game-used helmets from Penn State and Buffalo
- A collage of 30 Conlan pro football trading cards
- 1986 All-American plaque
- 1987 Fiesta Bowl Defensive Most Valuable Player Award
- 1987 Downtown Athletic Club Exemplary Player Award
- 1987 NFL Rookie of the Year Award
- 1987 Buffalo Bills Rookie of the Year
- 1988 NFL Mackey Award
- 1994 Los Angeles Rams Most Valuable Player Award
To read more about this exhibit check the November newsletter.
Join the Chautauqua Sports Hall of Fame
- CSHOF window cling
- $5 off the 2015 induction banquet ticket
- Monthly newsletter
- Acknowledgement of membership on the CSHOF website
- Membership card with discounts at selected marketing partners
The Chautauqua Sports Hall of Fame is proud to announce that a membership program is now available to persons who are interested in preserving the history of sports in Chautauqua County and honoring the outstanding individuals who have created our cherished sports memories.
The CSHOF maintains a hall located at 15 W. Third Street in Jamestown staffed by volunteers that contains our Hall of Honor and displays of sports memorabilia.
Our program also includes an induction banquet. Held each February to induct a new group of honorees into the Hall of Fame, the banquet provides an opportunity to recognize the special accomplishments of outstanding local high school and collegiate athletes.
In addition to helping the CSHOF carry out its twin missions of maintaining a hall of fame and a sports exhibit hall, members will receive several value-added benefits for their membership fee.
One year memberships are only $30 for individuals and $100 for businesses. Business members will receive 4 discount cards and plus an acknowledgement at the CSHOF hall and website.
Please join us by purchasing a 2013-2014 membership in the only organization solely dedicated to preserving and honoring the wonderful history of athletics in Chautauqua County.
CSHOF Membership Card Marketing Partners
- 360 Graphics • 1766 Foote Ave. Ext. • Jamestown
- 15% discount on business cards
- Jock Shop • 10 Harrison Street • Jamestown
- 10% off regular items, excludes team sales, service & sale items
- Jamestown Jammers • Diethrick Stadium • Jamestown
- $1 off game ticket excluding Dollar Night
- 10% off retail price in Jammers gift shop
- Jamestown Savings Bank Arena • 319 West Third Street • Jamestown
- Buy one public skate, get second free
- Gametime Sports Bar and Grille • 850 Foote Avenue • Jamestown
- 10% off food purchase
- Lakewood Golf Center • 4341 W. Fairmount Avenue • Lakewood
- Buy one round of mini-golf, play second round free
- Pinehurst Golf Club • Route 20 • Westfield
- Buy 2 for the price of one green fees
- Ashville General Store • Route 474 • Ashville
- 15% off any deli purchase
- Hometown Grille • 718 West Third Street • Jamestown
- 10% off your order, excluding specials
- Honest John's • 1245 East Second Street • Jamestown
- 10% off regular prices
- Miley's Old Inn • 845 East Second Street • Jamestown
- 10% off dinners
- Hollyloft Ski and Bike • 600 Fairmount Avenue • Jamestown
- $10 off on a purchase of $50 or more, regular price