Dr. Harold Blaisdell
Dr. Harold Blaisdell attended Jamestown High School football games on a regular basis from the 1940s into the 1960s and always rushed to treat injured players on either team. Dr. Blaisdell was also a pilot and often flew his own plane to JHS road games so he could serve his duties as team physician. In recognition for his services to the football team, he was elected to honorary membership in the JHS "J" Club.
In 1963 he received a citation from the Chautauqua County YMCA for his Christian service to youth in the community. He was honored because he not only served as the football team's physician for over 30 years, but he was also a personal friend of the players and encouraged them in various ways such as making career choices.
While not busy with his surgical practice and team physician duties, Dr. Blaisdell was active in golf, hunting and fishing.
The Jamestown High School sports programs lost a staunch supporter when Dr. Blaisdell was killed in a traffic accident.
Dr. Harold Blaisdell died in 1964. He was inducted into the Chautauqua Sports Hall of Fame in 1985.
Video ArchiveThe Chautauqua Sports Hall of Fame has a collection of DVD's chronicling sports in Chautauqua County, the Hall of Fame inductees and interviews with sports personalities. They are available for viewing by visitors at the hall. See the complete list on our video archive page.
Join the Chautauqua Sports Hall of Fame
- CSHOF window decal
- $5 off the induction banquet ticket
- monthly newsletter
- membership card with discounts at selected sports-minded marketing partners
The Chautauqua Sports Hall of Fame is proud to announce that a membership program is now available to persons who are interested in preserving the history of sports in Chautauqua County and honoring the outstanding individuals who have created our cherished sports memories.
The CSHOF maintains a hall located at 15 W. Third Street in Jamestown staffed by volunteers that contains our Hall of Honor and displays of sports memorabilia.
Our program also includes an induction banquet. Held each February to induct a new group of honorees into the Hall of Fame, the banquet provides an opportunity to recognize the special accomplishments of outstanding local high school and collegiate athletes.
In addition to helping the CSHOF carry out its twin missions of maintaining a hall of fame and a sports exhibit hall, members will receive several value-added benefits for their membership fee.
One year memberships are only $25 for individuals and $100 for businesses. Business members will receive 4 discount cards and plus an acknowledgement at the CSHoF hall and website.
Please join us by purchasing a 2012-2013 membership in the only organization solely dedicated to preserving and honoring the wonderful history of athletics in Chautauqua County.
CSHOF Membership Card Marketing Partners
- Jock Shop • 10 Harrison Street • Jamestown
- 10% off regular items, excludes team sales, service & sale items
- Jamestown Jammers • Diethrick Stadium • Jamestown
- $1 off game ticket excluding Dollar Night
- 10% off retail price in Jammers gift shop
- Jamestown Savings Bank Arena • 319 West Third Street • Jamestown
- Buy one public skate, get second free
- Gametime Sports Bar and Grille • 850 Foote Avenue • Jamestown
- 10% off food purchase
- Lakewood Golf Center • 4341 W. Fairmount Avenue • Lakewood
- Buy one round of mini-golf, play second round free
- Pinehurst Golf Club • Route 20 • Westfield
- Buy 2 for the price of one green fees
- Ashville General Store • Route 474 • Ashville
- 15% off any deli purchase
- Hometown Grille • 718 West Third Street • Jamestown
- 10% off your order, excluding specials
- Honest John's • 1245 East Second Street • Jamestown
- 10% off regular prices
- Miley's Old Inn • 845 East Second Street • Jamestown
- 10% off dinners
- Hollyloft Ski and Bike • 600 Fairmount Avenue • Jamestown
- $10 off on a purchase of $50 or more, regular price
The Sports Hall of Fame is dependent on the volunteers who staff the hall. They are dedicated to the hall and the athletes honored there. The Board of Directors greatly appreciates the time and effort given by the volunteers.
The CSHoF can use additional volunteers to be at the hall during the day to greet visitors. To volunteer contact Randy Anderson at 716-763-2173.